Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Friday, April 1, 2016

Natural Paths

Confession: I thought my husband was exaggerating, when he spoke of the difference between running on concrete and running on asphalt. What difference could it possibly make?

Well, I had to eat a slice of humble pie. As I work my knee back to health, I've learned that walking surface makes a considerable difference in how my knee feels. A forest or meadow path feels so much better than concrete or asphalt surfaces. Some experts stress the importance of a level walking surface.  However, I've found I can walk a few pain-free miles on a soft and uneven surface, but not even two miles on a paved and flat surface. It will be interesting to see how this changes, the more I heal.

This is from the earlier this week.  That soft path, aaahhhhh . . . . That blue sky!


No comments:

Post a Comment