Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Coffee: no sugar, no cream . . .

Whaaaaa????

People Who Order Coffee Black Are More Likely To Be Psychopaths

Apparently, this study includes any bitter-tasting food preferences.  So, what does it mean that I like black coffee, red wine, and dark chocolate?  Yikes!

Well, maybe it's not that bad, after all:

No, Taking Your Coffee Black Does Not Mean You’re More Likely to be a Psychopath

It brings me back to the first statistics class I took for my major.  Whilst the professor was explaining the topic of the day, it all clicked in my head in a sudden bolt of inspiration.  I remember raising my hand and asking, "You mean . . . you can manipulate the numbers to say whatever it is you want to say?"  He cringed a bit and said that he wouldn't put it as harshly as that.  But he sort of admitted it.

Since I am not a narcissist, a psychopath, or a sadist (see the links), I will choose to ignore the Austrian study.  And have another sip of black coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment