Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Doorknobs

My story is that I've gotten tired of looking at some of the builders' grade finishes in this house. No offense to those who love it, but I'm in need of aesthetic updates. Thanks to others sharing their talents online, I know that there are budget-friendly ways to give oneself a spiffy upgrade.  For example:


I was tired of the brass.  I've always preferred the dark-metal fixtures.  Back in the Seventies, I liked the hardware that looked like this:

source
Before I knew what Craftsman or the Arts & Crafts Movement was, I've loved the oil rubbed bronze, copper, and brushed nickel of the hardware from that era.  Swoon.  Lovely. Artistry.

So, I've been working on changing up the doorknobs and hinges in our house:



Still working on the strike plate/door catch pieces, as you can see.  That is spray-painted Rustoleum Oil-Rubbed Bronze.  I love it!

Not sharing the step-by-step here, as it can be found in a plethora of places online. Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment