Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Another Video



Wait. . . didn't I do a video last Saturday?

This is a fun video, too. 

I cannot really choose a favorite fashion era, except to say that I think it starts to go downhill in the 1970s.  Gloves?  Yes, please.  I'd love to wear gloves.  I did wear vintage gloves, in cool weather, when I was 19 years old.  I wonder what happened to those.

I have always preferred a more formal look, even as a child.  I remember being rather young, pining for Scarlett O'Hara-type hoop skirts.  My mother told me that wouldn't be practical for climbing trees and I insisted that I'd rather not climb trees than not have huge skirts.  Similarly, I'd accept feeling warm on a hot day, if we were still a glove-wearing culture. 

As much as my husband and my son recoil from the idea, I enjoy photographs of baseball games from yesteryear, in which men are wearing ties and fedoras to the game.  No, I won't begrudge anyone wearing shorts in the heat to watch baseball nowadays, but the dapper men of the past look mighty impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment