Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Yet Another Summer-themed Post

So there was a break in the heat.  We headed to the out-of-doors.







I love, love, love these natural play areas that seem to be a trend these days. My children climb, heft large logs, splash, get muddy, play "Billy Goats Gruff," in ways that seem so much more adventurous for them than when using our playset at home.








Now hear this! Reason 4,125,458,994,001.5 why no one should be judging a mom for having her nose in a smartphone whilst her precious ones play.  No one was judging me this day, because we were the only ones at the park.  But I read things online.  I know I would have been self-conscious about using my phone if others had been around.  AND whilst I do maintain that a mom is free to Tweet or skim the news or read an e-book as her children play, I happened to be researching local ice cream opportunities as my children frolicked in nature.  So after playtime, it was time for:

 
My son's ice cream with Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment