Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Monday, June 8, 2015

Facing Summertime

Another academic year has been completed in this house.

Once again, I sit on the brink of summertime, hoping to strike the balance between keeping a routine and being flexible & fun. 

Maybe I'm looking at that in the wrong way.  Do you see what I just wrote?  I have routine and fun listed as opposing activities.  I think that's what Other People tell me.  In my gut, I know I need routine in order to have any sort of productivity.  But I know I need retreat every now and then, too.

Elizabeth Foss is driving my summer plans.  Truly, just one author.

Throwback: 40 Ways to Keep Summer from Slipping Away

Gathering my thoughts on the cusp of summer

The summer of self-care

My plans are still coming together . . .

And I am NOT live-blogging this particular post.  I'm writing it just before going on a retreat and as I struggle back after fighting a virus.  Hopefully, my thoughts will be more clear later this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment