Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Friday, May 22, 2015

Cultivating Silence

How the Devil Detests Silence and Fills our World with Noise

A Note on the Importance of Silence

The first link is full of truths about silence.  How God works in silence.  The need to keep distractions at bay for our spiritual sake.

The second link is mine.  I do feel, passionately, that we need to cultivate silence.  As someone who needs it so desperately for survival of my sanity, I sure do spend a lot of time with self-inflicted noise.

So what happens when you crave this:





But it all feels a bit more like this:


I don't know the answer.  I have my suspicions that being in possession of a good interior peace helps in coping with all the exterior noise.



Neither is there any need for wings to go to find [God]. All one need do is go into solitude and look at him within oneself.
St Teresa of Avila
Way of Perfection 28.2

No comments:

Post a Comment