Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Monday, April 13, 2015

Exciting news!!!

I feel that I can fold up the blog and go home.  Because the information I've long desired to see about children and prayer is about to be published!  I'm very excited!

Connie Rossini's new book will be titled A Spiritual Growth Plan for Your Choleric Child.  Here is a snippet of the Amazon description:
Learn how to work with your child, building on his God-given strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. Teach him to pray mental prayer from a young age. Use the book list to encourage him to imitate the virtues of characters he will love. Create a spiritual growth plan for the calendar year or school year. Whether your child attends school outside the home or is homeschooled, this book will support you in being his primary teacher on living the Christian life.


Emphasis mine.  Yes.  Children can be taught mental prayer from a young age.  With every fiber in me, I believe that prayer, even for children, is the foundation upon which we must build a Christian life.  It's my opinion that this foundation, this cornerstone, gets glossed over even as we are asking children to consider everything from the talents they have to lend to home, church, or community, to their life's vocation.

I've been meaning to post this news for a while now. 

I've placed my pre-order.  It is ready to be sent to my Kindle on the date of release, so I can have instant gratification.  Exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment