Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Friday, January 30, 2015

7QT: Outhouses & Running - A January Overview

It's been so very long since I've gotten together a 7 Quick Takes!

Here's a pictorial overview of January.

~  ONE  ~

We had snow!  Despite my semi-delirious state (more on that later), I stopped to take a few photos of the lovely winter scene.  I was going to take a snap of that rust-colored tree just to the left of the outhouse you see in the photo, when I noticed something hilarious.  The camera simply cannot do it justice, but there are deer tracks that are headed straight for the outhouse!  The snow has been cleared just before the door to the oh-so-welcoming toilet, but the Real Life effect is that the deer kept going straight . . . right to the outdoor facilities!

~ TWO  ~

I draw your attention to the big red arrow.  I ran for 4.01 milesWithout stopping! That is a personal record.  I decided to give it a try because running a 5K was not really a strenuous anymore. 

Any runners visiting this blog might not be impressed with the 10:55 pace.  In my defense, it was windy AND I ran up a hill about halfway through.

~  THREE  ~
And then, just as the running and physical health were going so well:


INFLUENZA!!!!!

And now I haven't run in over a week.  And the fever is gone, but I'm exhausted all the time and coughing so much.  Blech.

~  FOUR  ~


These are within one week of each other.  This is not Climate Change(TM).  This is Life in the Midwest.
 
~  FIVE  ~

Because we spend a bazillion dollars in groceries every month, we tend to reap the full benefits of the shoppers' rewards/gas discount deal.  A full ONE DOLLAR off per gallon means that I filled the tank for about NINE CENTS more per gallon than I did when I was a free-wheelin' teen in Dad's Chevy Sprint.

~  SIX  ~

Another gas pump photo op.  Is it just me, or is there a grammatical problem here?  Don't they mean my financial institution MIGHT hold funds, rather than MAY hold funds? Feel free to chime in and correct me, if I'm wrong!
 
~  SEVEN  ~

I'm cheating on Take Seven. This is not my photo, but my celebration of participating in the Seven Quick Takes Friday for my first time at This Ain't the Lyceum.  Woot!

Now let us see if I can get a bit more disciplined about doing this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment