Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Monday, December 29, 2014

Still Christmas!

It is still Christmas. 

It is still time to be flexible and remember that my children are young for such a short period of time.

Having said that, anyone out there feel just a bit obsessive-compulsive about things being Just Right?  I've been like that my whole life.  I was one of those kids who had a neat and orderly bedroom, even if company wasn't coming.  This Just So tendency has given me many opportunities to practice "dying to self" as a mother.

Exhibit A:

Holiday Decorating with Children

It's beautiful to my seven-year-old, so I am leaving the Christmas plate display as it is.

Just for fun, click over to the Buzzfeed quiz: How Much Of A Perfectionist Are You?  It's a collection of photos showing things ranging from slightly off to very off.  Tick the boxes of the photos that annoy you to see how sensitive you are.  Should I submit this photo of mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment