Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Just Under Two Weeks!

It is now just under two weeks until Thanksgiving.

Last year, I had a small series of posts in which I ranted about the injustice of retailers opening on Thanksgiving. I'll not only continue my rant, I'll extend the unacceptable time frame from any hour on Thanksgiving to any time before 8:00 on Friday.

Matt Walsh blogged about this last year and he's doing it again.

If you go Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving, you should be deported.
One other note, lest I be accused of plagiarizing myself. This is a reworked version of something I posted last year, and the year before that, and even the year before that, even though I didn’t have a blog then. Every year I will go on this tirade until there aren’t any stores in America selling jeans or iPads on Thanksgiving. It’s the least I can do. Literally, the least I can do. But at least it’s something:


Yes!

Here's an article from last Thursday.  It's a list of 13 retailers who are not going to be open on Thanksgiving.  Barnes & Noble is on the list.  Woo hoo!  I think I shall reward them for that this Christmas. 

Another article from the end of October with a few different stores listed.  And don't forget Hobby Lobby - I think they shall reap the benefits of that decision, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment