Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Garden Views: Autumn 2014

I did not do a good job (at all!) of taking photos of my garden this fall.  In truth, I neglected the garden towards the end.  I never officially put it to bed for the winter.  I will likely leave a lot untouched until spring.  Except, as it is meant to be warm tomorrow, I should go collect the remaining vegetation from the veg and herb beds.

This first batch of photos shows early October, end of October, and mid-November views.









Never added more to the Mary Garden besides rose bush and statue. A project for the spring!



These next photos are two garden snapshots in time from the freak dumping of snow in mid-November:




The snow did not last long.  Just a few days later, we enjoyed a walk through one of our nearby parks in 63-degree weather.  Thanksgiving was in the 30s; this weekend is back to the 50s.  Climate change?  Ha!  This weather should be known as: Life in the Midwest of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment