Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Sunday, October 5, 2014

St. Teresa of Avila: Novena Preparation

Source

One Carmelite Feast Day on top of another!  St. Therese had her novena and Feast Day noted on this blog.  Now it is St. Teresa of Avila’s turn.

Tomorrow will begin the first day for anyone wishing to pray a novena leading up to St. Teresa’s Feast Day on October 15.  I will be posting quotations from St. Teresa of Avila’s Interior Castle.  The edition from which I take my quotes is the ICS version.  

Such a rich treasure is Interior Castle.  It was difficult to find highlights to share because there are so many jewels in this work.  I state the obvious.

I shall not post the traditional novena prayers here.  Such novenas are found everywhere.  I reference this novena from the Meditations from Carmel website. 

Please join me during the novena.

No comments:

Post a Comment