Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Sunday, September 21, 2014

St. Therese of Lisieux: Novena Preparations

We are ten days out from the Feast Day of an important Carmelite Saint and Doctor of the Church.

St. Therese of Lisieux

Which means that tomorrow, we are nine days out.

(See where I am going with this?)

Tomorrow is the day to start your novena to St. Therese.  Novenas to popular saints can be found in many places.  I'm sure the visitors to this blog have their favorite sources.  I use the EWTN Little Flower Novena.

Because of this easy availability, I won't be posting a traditional novena on this blog, except for a link at the bottom of each page.  Rather, I will be supplementing novena prayers with my favorite St. Therese quotes.  Over the course of the days leading up to the Feast Day, I like to reflect upon the writings of the saint, much as I did for St. John of the Cross, last December. 

Won't you join me in this preparation for the Feast Day of an extraordinary Saint?

No comments:

Post a Comment