Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

St. Therese of Lisieux: Novena Day Three



I understood how imperfect was my love for my Sisters.  I saw I didn’t love them as God loves them.  Ah!  I understand now that charity consists in bearing with the faults of others, in not being surprised at their weakness, in being edified by the smallest acts of virtues we see them practice.  But I understood above all that charity must not remain hidden in the bottom of the heart.  Jesus has said: “No one lights a lamp and puts it under a bushel basket, but upon the lampstand, so as to give light to ALL in the house.”  It seems to me that this lamp represents charity which must enlighten and rejoice not only those who are dearest to us but “ALL who are in the house” without distinction.

From "Story of a Soul"

Click this link for the novena.

No comments:

Post a Comment