Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

St. Therese of Lisieux: Novena Day Nine



This little incident of my childhood is a summary of my whole life; later on when perfection was set before me, I understood that to become a saint one had to suffer much, seek out always the most perfect thing to do, and forget self.  I understood, too, there were many degrees of perfection and each soul was free to respond to the advances of Our Lord, to do little or much for Him, in a word, to choose among the sacrifices He was asking.  Then, as in the days of my childhood, I cried out: “My God ‘I choose all!’  I don’t want to be a saint by halves, I’m not afraid to suffer for You, I fear only one thing: to keep my own will; so take it, for ‘I choose all’ that You will!”

From "Story of a Soul"

Novena here.

No comments:

Post a Comment