Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Briefly: Mass & Languages

Mass in the Ordinary Form; Mass in the Extraordinary Form.

I will not take a side in this battle.  I don't see a need for a battle. 

Nevertheless, I do see very good reasons to make the Church truly universal -- catholic, small-c, right?  If that meant Mass in Latin, I'd be all right with that.

Father Z shares about a North Carolina parish in which Mass in the Extraordinary Form is bringing together Spanish-speaking and English-speaking parishioners.  Well done!

Good News on the Spanish Front

I've only ever been to English-language Masses in foreign countries.  Canadians, British, and Irish were saying "incarnate of the Virgin Mary" before we changed it in the US.  Just throwing that in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment