Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Friday, August 29, 2014

7QT: Quick PHOTO Takes

Schooling began again this week.  This might be the first year that I didn't want summer to end and I am blaming that on the long winter that delayed spring and summer.  Here are quick photo takes of Summer, 2014.

~  ONE  ~
British TV

It wasn't a matter of binge watching.  It was a matter of catching snippets before falling asleep at night.



~ TWO  ~
Reading

Some of the books I read this summer, books in paper and books on Kindle.  Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Green Gables were free.







~  THREE  ~
Trips

Trips near, trips a bit farther, trips even farther.




~  FOUR  ~
Humidty


~  FIVE  ~
Salsa!!

Salsa might be the primary reason we grow tomatoes.  I joke only slightly.  This salsa is not intended for canning, but for eating straightaway.  Those with strong feelings about the matter do not like vinegar in our salsa, so the recipe cannot be preserved.


~  SIX  ~
Garden

I shall refer you to my garden label for a retrospective of the summer garden.  If time allows, I will get my end-of-August photos here before September arrives.  Overall, the garden has done well.  With one exception . . . .

~  SEVEN  ~
Voles!

Source
Some mysteries in the garden.  Echinacea disappearing, even when other plants in the same border thrive.  A healthy viburnum, suddenly shriveling and dying.  I asked the wise folks at my favorite nursery and they think it is voles.  I'm not sure what to do about them!  I read that they won't go near daffodils.  If I can confirm that, I will likely plant many, many daffodil bulbs this fall.  I'm so disappointed!  I knew, somewhere in my brain, that attracting the fun wildlife to the garden would also support the critters I don't want.  But I've never faced anything so destructive, yet.

Have a great weekend, all you 7QT visitors.  And my two or three regular readers.  Thanks, Jennifer, for hosting!

Thanks for hosting!


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know there were short stories in the Anne series. Going to have to look those up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I also like the "Emily" series that LM Montgomery wrote.

      Delete