Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Monday, May 12, 2014

Considering Busyness

There hasn't been much time for writing lately.

I've been busy, and that can cause me to lose my equilibrium.  Please understand, I'm not any busier than others, I just have a harder time keeping up with it all, when there's a lot on the schedule.  It's that introvert thing.

Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity came to the rescue.  A way to bring meaning to the beauty I see in everyday life; a way to consider any busyness as something useful beyond me.
 “Each incident, each event, each suffering, as well as each joy, is a sacrament which give God to [every soul]; so [the soul] no longer makes a distinction between these things; it surmounts them, goes beyond them to rest in its Master, above all things . . . ‘The property of love is never to seek self, to keep back nothing, but to give everything to the one it loves.’”
Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity – Heaven in Faith
(She's quoting St. John of the Cross from Spiritual Canticle)

No comments:

Post a Comment