Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Friday, February 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday

~  ONE  ~

So, I didn't realize, until I read it from Fr. Z., that it is considered poor etiquette to take photos of one's food and then post it on social media.  Well.  I guess this will be my way of sticking it to The Man.  Even if it is my own kitchen and my own food.


Pizza for those with special dietary needs.  Gluten-free on the right.  Legume-free and nightshade-free on the left.  That one on the left was superb!  I cannot wait to do it again!  Just a butter/garlic mixture on the crust, topped off with sauteed bacon, mushroom, onion, and spinach.  A bit of freshly grated parmesan topped it off, once it was baked.

~  TWO  ~

Crazy glue.  It is crazy.  It is glue.  Discuss.

Am I the only person who seems to run into trouble every. single. time. I attempt to use super glue?  One week on, the spot is still sort of there on my index finger . . .

~  THREE  ~

In the car, driving away from home, with the subdivision still visible across the snowy expanse of fields:

6-year-old: Look!  I can see our neighborhood!

2-year-old:  I can see the 'hood!

~  FOUR  ~

I have been on a purging frenzy lately.  Is it the cabin fever, from being indoors?  I just hate clutter.  Truthfully, I hate things that aren't technically clutter.  I'm feeling stressed out by napkin baskets and salt & pepper shakers.  I'm not sure why.  But perhaps I should be more sympathetic towards my two-year-old, when she's (yet again!) taken off everything down to the diaper.  Things can weigh a person down!

~  FIVE  ~

Meteorologists.  Grrr.  I was looking forward to getting outside, the actual out-of-doors, for a run this week, what with the weather taking a turn for the better.  But then they predicted thunderstorms and I decided to choose my first outdoor run for the season to be on a day less hazardous to one's physical well-being.  Except that all day long, the timing of that highly anticipated and predicted thunderstorm kept being put off another hour, and another hour, and another hour. I could have run out of doors; I didn't.  I think the weather (and maybe meteorologists) deserves its own post, one of these days.

~  SIX  ~

From the files of "obscure-but-witty," check out this from Ilvys, of "The Fox" fame.  Not everyone will appreciate the language, so I'm giving that warning.  But it's funny!  I promise, you don't even have to be up on your Norwegian politics to get it!



~ SEVEN ~ 

Jennifer Fulwiler is proposing another 7 Posts in 7 Days Challenge. The fact that I'm making this one of my Quick Takes means that I am thinking about it.  Tune in!

Thanks, Jen, for hosting another 7 Quick Takes Friday!  Welcome to all Conversion Diary readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment