Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~ GK Chesterton

Friday, February 14, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday


~  ONE  ~

First message is for the gracious 7 Quick Takes Hostess: 

Congratulations on your fabulous news!!!  I cannot wait to read the book, Jennifer!

~  TWO  ~

Happy Valentine's Day!

I wish I had seen this recipe from Elizabeth Foss before I made our bite-sized brownie plans.  Well, maybe next year.

~  THREE  ~

I had to fill the tank in the van the other day, another bitterly cold day.  I noticed, though, that it felt warming to be standing in the sunlight.  I am certain the sun is feeling warmer than it was a few weeks ago.  It may be wishful thinking, but maybe not. The top half of our planet is, indeed, once again tilting back towards the sun.  So, I do believe, despite the bitter cold, it is getting warmer.

~  FOUR  ~

More snow.  More snow mounds!  Even with the long winter, parking lot snow mounds still make me smile.

Taller than cars!


~  FIVE  ~

Speaking of winter, more sun, tilting towards the sun -- it's getting light earlier and staying light later.  This pleases me greatly.  I love doing Morning Prayer by sunlight.

~  SIX  ~

In a payback for everything I ever put my own parents through with my Broadway-in-the-basement, two of my children are obsessed with "Annie" and never stop singing songs from it.  Then again, maybe it's not so bad.  Here they are, voluntarily scrubbing the floor on hands and knees so they can experience the Hard Knock Life:


 ~  SEVEN  ~

And I know, I know, kids think they are singing just like the professionals.  But, it's really more of a spectacle like this:



3 comments:

  1. Whenever I see mounds of snow like that, the 8 year old in me wants to build an igloo. If it weren't so cold lately, I would've been building one next my driveway for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete